Visa for Belgium
- You need an appointment with Online Appointment System
Registration of the appointment should be done by each applicant, with the data of the applicant (not with the data of the spouse, guarantor, secretary, or other). This means that for family reunion you need to take an appointment for each member of the family (one appointment for the spouse, one appointment for child 1, one appointment for child 2, etc...). For delegations or groups : one appointment for each member of the delegation/group. The appointment is free of charge.
- The finger prints and digital photos are taken at the Embassy. Each visa applicant will have to present him- or herself personally at the introduction of the visa application.
- You can find the list of necessary documents on the website of the Immigration Office.
The travel health insurance and the airline ticket can be purchased AFTER the clearance of the visa application. Please make sure you present a complete file with the original documents (which will be given back to you) and 2 copies of the complete file. It is advisable to send your documents prior to your appointment to the embassy either by fax (00962 6 465 57 40) or scan your documents and send them via email to email@example.com. Please note that the embassy will not download any scans/messages/documents sent by an external service (e.g. dropbox).
Official documents (e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate...) should be duly legalized. You can make an appointment online - Online Appointment System - for legalization of documents. Your personal presence is not required.
Official documents from Iraq and Syria - and their official translations - will first be legalized by the respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs (i.e. in Baghdad or in Damascus), then by the respective Embassy (i.e. of Iraq or of Syria) in Amman, then by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Jordan in Amman.
- After being informed that your visa is ready, you can pick up your passport with the visa from Mon - Thu, between 2-3 pm.
- Due to the Schengen consultation the visa application procedure will take between 2 to 3 weeks, so you should submit your application as early as possible.
For a short stay, you normally should apply for your visa four (4) weeks prior to departure. Visa applications may take longer during the summer months, Ramadan, Christmas and New Year. Please keep this in mind when planning your trip.
For a long stay (students, family reunification,…), the delay can be up to 5 or 6 months.
- Iraqi officials invited by the government of the Kingdom of Belgium, the European Union or NATO to travel to Belgium, can introduce a visa application at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Baghdad*.
- Visa applications for business meetings supported by an invitation of a Belgian company, as well as visa applications for training supported by an invitation of a Belgian company will also be received by the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Baghdad*.
*Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Baghdad
Section 915, Street 24, House 195,
Tel +964 790 191 59 84
See map (PDF, 164.9 Kb)