Guidelines to visa applications for Belgium and Luxembourg
Good to know before you start:
- These guidelines can only be applied on visa for short visits to Belgium or Luxembourg. If it is your intention to stay longer then 90 days, please contact the Embassy of Belgium in Kingston.
- You need to apply for a Visa for the country within the Schengen zone which is your main destination. This is not necessarily the country where you enter the Schengen zone.
- You need to apply for your Visa maximum 90 days, and minimum 15 days before your departure to Belgium or Luxembourg.
- Visa applications can only be handled upon reception of the complete application AND the visa fee. This fee is non refundable, even if your application gets denied.
- Under normal circumstances, a Visa for Belgium or Luxembourg will also grant you access to all other Schengen countries (NOT to the UK).
What do I need to apply for a Visa:
- The visa application form (available FREE OF CHARGE at the Embassy of Belgium and right here for download (DOC, 77.5 Kb)) must be completely and correctly filled out, signed and dated BY THE APPLICANT.
- The following documents ALL need to be added to this form:
- (Please provide all originals + one copy of each document)
- Good picture of applicant (for size: see application form)
- Passport, valid at least 3 months after scheduled date of departure FROM the Schengen zone
- Visa application fee: JMD 6.900,00 per application (12y & older)
- Flight reservation (two way)
- Hotel reservation or any other proof of accommodation
- Proof of sufficient financial means and/or financial guarantee from host
- Letter of invitation or any other proof of the reason for this trip
- Proof of Medical travel insurance for this trip. (Minimal coverage required: € 30.000 or approximately JMD 3.690.000,00)
- The Embassy of Belgium can, at any time, request to provide additional documents to accompany your application.
- ONLY DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN OR DUTCH WILL BE ACCEPTED !
Where and when do I apply for a Visa:
- Applications need to be delivered by the applicant in person at the Embassy of Belgium in Kingston.
- The Visa section of the Embassy of Belgium is open Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (closed on public holidays). It is strongly advised to call ahead and make an appointment.