Application for a Belgian passport
Documents that always have to be submitted:
- The application form that has to be carefully filled out in capital letters and signed (form in FR | form in NL).
- The previous passport or a police certificate stating that the passport was lost or stolen.
Passport applications for minors (younger than 18 years) must always be signed by both parents. If the parents are separated or divorced, the consent of both parents is required. The consent may be given on a separate document.
Children under the age of 6 do not have to be present in person to apply. As of age 6, they are expected to be present in order to be photographed and to sign their passports.
When you apply, you will have to provide 4 types of information, which will be integrated into your passport:
1. Your identity and nationality
2. The prints of 2 of your fingers, priority being given to the forefingers (as of age 12)
3. A photograph, which will be taken on site (as of age 6)
4. Your signature (as of age 6)
The process for inputting biometric data is very fast. It takes just a few minutes to take your photo and fingerprints.
Your photo taken on site
You no longer have to bring a photo along to apply for a passport. We have the necessary equipment to take a picture, at no extra cost for you. The photo is taken directly at the Embassy or the Consulate General.