Visa for Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkmenistan
New contribution for visa LONG stay - D
Since the 2nd of March 2015 some foreign nationals have to pay a contribution which is to cover the administrative costs involved with the processing by the Immigration Office of a long stay visa application for Belgium. When submitting the visa application, the applicant who is required to pay the contribution has to demonstrate that the contribution has been paid in full.
This contribution is to be paid by the applicant or a third party (family member, acquaintance, sponsor, guarantor etc.) in a designated bank account in Belgium. The proof of payment will need to be provided at the time of submission of the visa application. In the event that an applicant is unable to provide the proof of payment, the visa application will be declared inadmissible.
The amount of this contribution and the exemptions that exist, can be found on the website of the FPS Home Affairs – Immigration Office: www.dofi.fgov.be.
The cost of the long stay visa (handling fee - €180 equivalent in local currency), will remain and needs to be paid at the time of the application. Being exempt from paying the handling fee, does not mean that you are exempt from the contribution for administrative cost.
The contribution will need to be paid in euros in a Belgian bank account in the name of FPS Home Affairs, Immigration Office, details of which are:
BPOST N.V., Muntcentrum, 1000 Brussel
FOD Binnenlandse Zaken, Dienst Vreemdelingenzaken, Antwerpse Steenweg 59B, 1000 Brussel
IBAN: BE57 6792 0060 9235
The reference must be according to the following structure:
- Name & First name of the applicant (as mentioned in the passport)
- Date of birth: day (dd) – month (MM) – year (YYYY)
- Purpose (Article of the law of 15.12.1980 - please consult the abovementioned website of the Immigration Office to find the correct article).
Therefore: NAME_Given name_Nationality_Date of Birth(DD.MM.YYYY)_Article(mention the n°)Law15.12.1980.
- Any costs involved with the transfer of the contribution are to be borne by the applicant or whomever makes the transfer.
- The contribution will not be refunded in case of refusal of the visa or in the event that you pay too much.
- In the event that you have not paid the full contribution, you will be able to transfer the remaining balance within a period of 30 days. If you do not prove that the outstanding balance was paid within this period, the Immigration Office will not refund the partial amount that had already been received and will consider the file inadmissible.